The Brownwood ISD issued the following email Sunday:
In keeping with Brownwood ISD’s practices to respond to COVID-19, we are notifying all families and staff that:
- a student who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 was present on the campus of Woodland Heights Elementary School on Thursday, August 20. Due to privacy requirements, we will not be releasing the name of the individual or details that may identify him or her. Working with the Brownwood/Brown County Health Department, all individuals who came in potential close contact with the individual have been notified. All areas heavily used by the student have been disinfected this weekend.
- a staff member who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 was present on the campus of East Elementary on Friday, August 21. Due to privacy requirements, we will not be releasing the name of the individual or details that may identify him or her. After a case investigation by the Brownwood/Brown County Health Department, they concluded that the COVID-positive person did not come into close contact with any students or staff during the infectious period of the illness. All areas heavily used by the staff member have been disinfected this weekend.
While we do not have reason to believe that those who were not in close contact with the infected individual have reason to be concerned, we ask that you, as always, watch for symptoms of COVID-19.
Any of the following symptoms indicate a possible COVID-19 infection:
- Temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth;
- Sore throat;
- New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (or, for students with a chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline);
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain; or
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever.
If you or any member of the BISD community begins experiencing any of these symptoms in a way that is not typical, we encourage you to contact your physician.
All BISD’s COVID-19 Response updates are sent to all staff members and every BISD family in our SchoolMessenger system. Updates are also posted on our BISD website. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com or visit our website at https://www.brownwoodisd.org/covid19.