Law enforcement arrests and reports released Monday, November 7, 2016. All arrestees are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Blotter information compiled from local law enforcement reports and jail records.
Friday, November 4th
* 6:46 a.m. Brownwood Police officers responded to a domestic violence incident at the 1500 Block of Davis Lane. Reports for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Terrorist Threat have been filed.
* 3:30 p.m. Brownwood Police received a report of theft at the 1300 block of Austin Avenue. Several lawn maintenance tools were stolen according to the report.
* 5:38 p.m. Brownwood Police were called to the 2600 block of Crockett Drive for disorderly conduct. Officers arrested 22 year old Shaneese Laney Kirven, of Coleman. Kirven was later released from the Brown County Jail on a $500 bond.
* 8:06 p.m. Brownwood Police observed an individual known to have warrants riding their bike near the intersection of US Highway 377 and Texas Street. During the course of the interaction, officers located methamphetamine in the subject’s pocket. Officers arrested 54 year old Geronimo Mendieta for outstanding warrants regarding Public Intoxication/Failure to Appear, as well as Possession of a Controlled Substance and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Mendieta was later released from the Brown County Jail on bonds totaling $11,500.
* Brownwood Police arrested 33 year old Israel Mendoza Arriaga for warrants regarding Motion to Revoke/Possession of Marijuana, less than 2 ounces. Arriaga is currently being held in the Brown County Jail in lieu of a $5,000 bond.
* Brown County Sheriff’s Deputy arrested 63 year old Ronald Dean Baker, of Blanket, for a warrant related to Failing to Comply with Sex Offender Registry. Baker was released from the Brown County Jail on a $10,000 bond.
* A 17 year old female was booked in the Brown County Jail for Assault of a Public Servant and was later released on a $5,000 bond.
Saturday, November 5th
* 12:09 a.m. Brownwood Police Officers noted a vehicle driving in a reckless manner near the intersection of Main Street and West Austin Avenue. A traffic stop was conducted and the driver, 34 year old Antwone Engen Oneal Mason for Reckless Driving and Driving While Intoxicated after Mason failed field sobriety tests. Mason was released from the Brown County Jail on bonds totaling $4,000.
* 2:27 a.m. Brownwood Police were dispatched to the 2600 block of 1st Street in reference to a criminal trespass incident. The complainant stated they returned home to find an estranged spouse inside the residence without permission. An investigation is currently ongoing.
* 11:03 a.m. Brownwood Police responded at the Law Enforcement Center. A victim reported a burglary at the 600 block of Avenue D. Suspects reportedly took several items, including jewelry, a lawn mower, and power tools. A possible suspect was named and a report has been generated.
* 11:15 a.m. Brownwood Police were dispatched to the 1100 block of 10th Street regarding criminal mischief. Residents at the address reported a pumpkin had been used to damage their mailbox. A possible suspect was named. The officer also received multiple calls regarding mailboxes damaged in a similar fashion, each with a pumpkin located nearby. Officers believe the addresses were randomly targeted. A report has been filed.
* 12:13 p.m. Brownwood Police responded to a call at the 1500 block of Davis Lane where a burglary of a vehicle was reported. Officers are currently investigating.
* Department of Public Safety Officer arrested 22 year old Dequon Cole on a Mills County warrant for Failure to Identify. Cole was released from the Brown County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
* Brown County Sheriff’s Office arrested 54 year old Mary Williams on a warrant for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Williams was released from the Brown County Jail on a $10,000 bond.
Sunday, November 6th
* 1:13 a.m. Brownwood Police responded to a Burglary of a Vehicle call at the 2800 block of Southside Drive. Investigation is ongoing.
* 11:15 p.m. Brownwood Police made a traffic stop near the 300 block of Main Street when the driver of a White Chevy Impala failed to signal a lane change. Officers arrested 24 year old Klay Gregory Guy, of Abilene, for Driving While License Invalid/License Suspended.
* 1:29 p.m. Brownwood Police were called to the 500 block of East Commerce Street regarding a hit and run incident. An employee at the address reported their vehicle had been struck in the parking lot. It is believed the suspect fled the scene after the incident. A report has been filed.
* 5:13 p.m. Brownwood Police were dispatched to 400 West Commerce regarding Theft of Property. Subjects were issued citations for Class C Theft, less than $100.
Monday, November 7th
* Brown County Sheriff’s Office arrested 30 year old Bobye Leanne Powell on a Failure to Appear Warrant. Powell was released from the Brown County Jail on a $1,000 bond.
* 33 year old Joe Angel Tijerina turned himself into the Brown County Jail regarding a warrant for Indecency with a Child/Sexual Contact. Tijerina was released on a $30,000 bond.