Brownwood News – The following statement was released to Brownwood News Thursday afternoon from Good Samaritan Ministries in Brownwood.
The mission of Good Samaritan Ministries is to share the Gospel through word and deed to all families in need in Brown County. As we continue to share faith, hope and love while assisting our neighbors, we are making the following changes for Saturday, March 21– Tuesday, March 31 in the interest of all we serve:
- All volunteers including community service volunteers scheduled through Tuesday, March 31, should stay at home and practice social distancing.
- Our Food Pantry will remain open Monday- Friday for regular business hours as long as it is medically safe for our staff. We are open Monday and Wednesday from 1-5 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Clients should stay in their vehicles. Please turn off the engine. Good Samaritan Staff will come out to verify your information then bring food out to you. Clark Street is a one-way street, but please park ONLY on the building side of the street. You may park in the public parking lot across the street. DO NOT block the intersection of Clark and Anderson Streets.
- Please bring proof of Brown County address.
- New families are welcome.
- The Resale Store will be closed from Saturday, March 21, through Tuesday, March 31.
- Clients needing clothing assistance should call 325-643-2273 and ask for Stacy.
- The Donation Center will remain open for donation of non-food items during regular business hours as long as it is medically safe for our staff.
- The Empty Bowls Project is tentatively rescheduled for Thursday, April 30.
- Prayers and donations are greatly appreciated. Financial donations can be mailed to P.O. Box 1136, Brownwood, TX, 76804. If you have food donations, knock on the back warehouse door and our staff will assist you.