Brownwood News – The Brownwood Municipal Development District Board of Directors is scheduled to meet at 4:00 pm Friday, July 19 in the Haynes Conference Room at Brownwood City Hall, 501 Center. (They were unable to meet earlier in the week) The business agenda is as follows:
4. The Board will consider approval of the minutes:
A. BMDD Regular called meeting – June 18 , 2019
5. The Board will consider approval of an amendment to the Chapter 380 Agreement between the City of Brownwood and the Brownwood Municipal Development District (BMDD) to transfer $500,000 of old BEDC funds to the City for Economic Development purposes.
6. The Board will receive Director’s report:
A. Project Updates and Activity
B. 2019/2020 Budget
7. The BMDD Board may convene into a closed executive session in the Haynes Conference Room, pursuant to the provisions of the Open Meetings Law, Chapter 551, Government Code Vernon’s Annotated, in accordance with the authority contained in the following section:
Section 551.071 – Consultation with Attorney
Section 551.087 – Deliberations regarding economic development negotiations
The Board will discuss a possible loan/incentive for a local manufacturing company.
8. The Board will reconvene into Regular Session in the City Council Chambers to take any action deemed necessary as result of the Executive Session.